Friday, January 14, 2011

Time to get up and play the Friday Five

I am a regular reader of the RevGalBlogPals.  This is a group of female clergy and their supporters who blog on the joys, trials and sometimes the absurdities of being a woman in ministry.  One of the regular features is "The Friday Five."  Today is the very first time I get to play on my own blog!  Exciting! (OK - I lead a sheltered life!)

Today's Topic: "Where I am it is dark, and it is cold, and it is snowing. I really wanted to stay in bed with the electric blanket cranked this morning. Share five things that made getting out of bed worthwhile for you today! "

1.)  My morning coffee.  No, really.  I look forward to my morning coffee with all the intense desire of an addict.  I am extremely sensitive to caffeine, so I only get one (very large) cup a day.  There's just something about coffee that makes an otherwise dismal morning so much better.

2.) My cat.  She gets anxious if she isn't fed in the morning, even if she didn't eat much the day before and her bowl is still pretty full.  So she gets vocal, making getting up a priority and sleeping in next to impossible.  But it's a small price to pay for her companionship and her antics.  Who can resist that furry tap on the arm that says, "Here I am. Pet me NOW!"

3.) My husband has the day off tomorrow.  Since he works in the restaurant industry, a Saturday off is a rare event.  I need to get my sermon written today if possible, so I can enjoy tomorrow with the family.

4.) My husband worked the opening shift today.  Again, it is rare that we have a Friday evening together, since he usually works the closing shift.  I really need to get that sermon written this afternoon! 

5.) Today is Bead Club.  One of the bead stores in the area has a once a month gathering of beaders after hows.  It's been so much fun to work around others who share my hobby.  I've gotten a few tips and ideas, especially after wandering around to see what everyone is working on.  Last time I met a woman who knows a few of the same people I do - a rare occurrence in a city the size of Columbus. 

So, what enticed you to get out of bed on this cold, dark morning?


3 comments:

  1. love your colorful site! Welcome to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What joolie said! WOW! As for what really made me get up? I had to read Friday Fives, of course. :-) Sounds like we have very similar cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have your own blog, especially one made of rainbows! Have fun tonight! And play Friday Five next week, too, because I have to think of what it entails!

    ReplyDelete