Friday, February 24, 2012

What I wanted to say about why I love Lent, but Nadia said it better

I've been telling everyone about how much I love Lent and Holy Week.  I know - it's an odd thing to say, especially since as a pastor, this is a crazy busy time of year for me.  Today, which catching up with my social network, one of my pastor friends posted a link to Nadia Bolz-Weber's Lenten reflection (thanks Kent!).  If you've not heard of her, Nadia is the pastor of the House for All Sinners and Saints church in Denver (ELCA and emerging).  I love her passion for God and her insights into the Gospel, so of course I had to check out the link.

So I bopped over to her blog, and -wow!  You know how it is when you are trying to describe something and then some one else says what you mean.  That's just what happened.  So instead of meandering through my jumbled thoughts on Lent, I direct you to someone who sums my feelings up wonderfully: Why I Love Ash Wednesday and Lent.  As of today, there are 2 parts (with more to come), so you'll want to scroll down to read part 1 first.



No comments:

Post a Comment